SCHEMES FOR SC/OBC STUDENTS

Panaji, June 27, 2014

 

            The Directorate of Social Welfare is implementing the following Schemes for the Students belonging to SC/OBC Communities of the State of Goa.

           

Stipend to  SC students : Under this Scheme Stipend will be granted @  Rs. 325/- to Rs. 375/- per month to students studying in Std. V to X depending  on class of studies. The total income of parents should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000/- p.a. The Meritorious scholarship will be Rs.  900/- for the Students of Std. V and VI, Rs. 1000/-  for  Std. VII to VIII, Rs. 1100/- for the Students of Std. IX and Rs. 1600/- for the Students of Std. X.

              

Another Scheme Stipend to  OBC  students: Under this Scheme  stipend @  Rs. 225/- to Rs. 275/- per month to students studying in Std. V to X depending  on class of studies will be granted. The total income of parents should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000/- p.a. Besides, the Meritorious scholarship will be Rs.  800/- for the Students of Std. V and VI, Rs. 900/-  for  Std. VII to VIII, Rs. 1000/- for the Students of Std. IX and Rs. 1500/- for the Students of Std. X will be granted.

Post Matric Scholarship will be granted to OBC  and SC students depending on type of the course persued. The scholarship varies from Rs. 160/- to Rs. 750/- p.m. The total income of parents/ guardian should not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh as regard to OBC students. So also as regard to SC Students the scholarship varies from Rs. 230/- to Rs. 1200/- p.m. and  the total income of parents/ guardian should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakhs per annum.

 

Grants will be provided to professional Institutions to purchase books under Book Bank Scheme for the benefits of SC/OBC students. Institutions may avail facility.

 

Up gradation of Merit of SC students: Grants are provided to Institutions for providing remedial & special coaching for SC students to prepare the competitive examination for entry into professional courses. Institutions having hostel facilities may apply. Only 5 students will be eligible to get coaching at std. IX which will be the entry point. This will continue up to std.XII wherein each class can have students up to 5 nos. each in each class.

 

The Department also implemented Kanya Dhan scheme for girl children of SC community for Std. XI of any stream.   Science/ Arts/ Commerce/   Vocational/ ITI. The said total income of parents should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000/-.

 

Grants for running hostels for Backward Classes students by voluntary

Social Organizations:

Under this Scheme any voluntary Social Organizations registered under the Societies registration  Act, 1860 shall be eligible to receive grants for accommodating not less than 20 hostellers of which not less than  75 % should belong to SC & remaining 25% to other communities. The Hostels will be given grants   @ Rs. 750/- per hosteller per month.

 

Awards for Inter-caste Marriage: Under this Scheme an Awards for Inter-caste   marriage couple will be awarded Rs. 1,00,000/- Either, the spouse should belong to Scheduled Caste. The couple should apply through respective Block Development Officer after one year but before 3 years of marriage. Income certificate is not essential.

 

The Department has also implemented centrally sponsored scheme of coaching and allied assistance for weaker sections including SC/OBC and minorities: Under this Scheme Cochin and Allied Assistance for Weaker Section will be given for appearing Civil Service Examination (UPSC) Preliminary and Mains, CDS, NDA and Defense related services. All Group ‘A’ or equivalent services in Central State/UT Governments. PSUs. All entrance exam for professional courses such as Engineering/ Medical/ IT/Technical/ Agriculture/ Management, Special Class Railway Apprentice. Banking/ Secretarial services like typing and stenography.

 

 The Department is also giving  Scholarship to Home Nursing Course such as  Certificate course for six months fees Rs. 3500/- actual or whichever is less. Diploma course for one year or more fees Rs. 5000/- actual or whichever is less; Degree nursing course for three years fees Rs. 10000/- ;actual or whichever is less. Health worker course duration for one year or more Rs. 3500/-  actual or whichever is less. Books, Uniform & stationery etc. ; Rs. 1000/- for six months course; Rs. 2000/- for one year diploma course ; Rs. 3000/- for degree course for three years;  Health worker course one year & more Rs. 2000/-.

 

The Last date for submission for Educational scheme is August 31, 2014. For further details Asstt. Director (Social Welfare) may be contacted on any working day during office hours.

Advertisement

No comments.

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge