CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME FOR OBC

Panaji: September 27, 2017 …Directorate of Social Welfare has implemented centrally sponsored scheme for the assistance for construction / expansion of hostels for OBC Boys  and Girls in Middle/High Schools/ Higher Secondary schools and Universities. The assistance for construction / expansion is provided by the Government to the eligible schools, Colleges, Universities and Non Government Organizations respectively.

          The Schemes provides the cost per hostel seat in different areas such as North Eastern Region – Rs. 3.50 lakh per seat, Himalayan Regions – Rs. 3.25 lakh per seat, Rest of country – Rs. 3.00 lakh per seat or as per the schedule of the rates for the concerned State Government, whichever is lower.

 The cost of construction of hostels for Boys has to be shared between the Centre and the State in 60:40 ratio. There will be 90% central assistance to State Governments in case of Girls Hostels and 10% of cost will be borne by the State Governments. Incase of Union Territories, the Central Assistance shall be 100% and for North Eastern States, it shall be 90%. For Central Universities/Institutions and NGOs can avail central assistance Upto 45% of the cost. The remaining 55% shall be borne by State and University / Institution / NGO in 45:10 ratio.

 Interested parties may submit their proposal to the Director, Directorate of Social Welfare, 18th June Road, Panaji – Goa.

          For further details the applicants may visit the Ministry’s website www.socialjustice.nic.in or please contact the Welfare of SC/OBC Branch of Directorate of Social Welfare, 18th June Road, Panaji and Contact No. 2232257 on any working day during office hours.

Advertisement

No comments.

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge